Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Enjoy the Day

Good morning!

I hope everyone is having a good week. Last night I whipped up a fun birthday card using three Great Impressions stamps: Polka Dots, Wildflower Silhouette, and Tags. I love layering stamps, which is what I did on the white die cut. I stamped the Polka Dot stamp with Stampin' Up's Pink Pirouette ink, then layered Wildflower Silhouette on top with Pink Lemonade ink by Impress. I carefully inked the Enjoy the Day sentiment with black ink before stamping it onto my tag.



(Supplies - Stamps: (Great Impressions) Wildflower Silhouette, Polka Dots, Tags. Ink: (Ranger) Archival Black. (Impress) Pink Lemonade. (Stampin' Up!) Pink Pirouette. Dies: (Papertrey Ink) Small banner, Mat Stack Number 6. Cardstock: (Stampin' Up!) Aqua Mist, White. Patterned Paper: Studio Calico. Other: Buttons, twine, enamel dots, ribbon.)
 
(In person the pink flowers match the light pink polka dots on the paper. I photographed the card over and over, but my flash distorted the colors a bit.)
 
What about you? Do you like layering stamps? I usually start with a piece of scratch paper and try out different stamps & inks until I get the result I want. It's all about experimenting, right? :)
 
Have a wonderful day!
 

2 comments :

Jenny said...

Your "experiments" always end up with a beautiful result Erin! You have a great eye!

Sue from Oregon said...

A very pretty Silhouette Erin!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...