Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Thousand Winds of Memories

Hello, hello!

I'm typing up my Thursday post and my card is sitting here beside me drying. I had the original card designed and made a couple of weeks ago. When I had picked up my December Stamp of the Month (SOTM) stamps from my favorite local stamping and paper crafting store (Hello, Simple Pleasures in Colorado!), I was fully intent on making birthday cards...and I did!

Then two nights ago I was looking at my card, thinking about Valentine's Day and had an idea...yeah, well, you know the saying about 'best laid plans' and all?

To make a long story short (you can read the longer version and more on the making of this card on my blog)...this picture is NOT my first attempt at getting the idea in my head wrapped around this project...

Also available as Stickables.
...but I am persistent.

Fluffy clouds, shiny balloons and recent Life events inspired this card. I'm glad I decided to  'go with it' and reimagine my original idea.

This is definitely a better IRL (In Real Life) kinda card!
Have you recycled an old idea into a new or improved one? Tell us about it!

I'm sure it was great...

Inky hugs,
Angi

Stamps:  Great Impressions Stamps Water Swirl Border (H200), Patterned Balloons (F514), Always Cherish Memories (E745)
Inks:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo, Versamark Watermark; Tim Holtz Distress Stain Picket Fence
Patterned Paper:  Scraps from my Stash
Tools: Sizzix eclipse and eCAL; heat gun; needle; Tim Holtz Blending Tool; heart punch
Embellishments: brown twine, Flowersoft Polar White
Other: foam tape, tacky glue, Diamond Glaze




4 comments :

Jenny said...

This is so unique and fun! Awesome clouds - very creative!

April said...

Wow...this is beautiful!! Your work is amazing. I love every little thing about this cadr!

Deloris said...

Fabulous! Love it!

Shanna Shands said...

This is an awesome card. I love the paper piecing and the the clouds.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...