Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Friday, November 9, 2012

Name That Christmas Carol

Happy Friday everyone and thanks for taking the time to visit the Great Impressions Blog. Looks like all of you are having fun with our little "carol contest" this week.

Christmas -ah it's the most wonderful time of the year for me. I love all the festivities, decorating, baking, shopping, gift giving and family time.
For my card today I am showing you a window decked out for the holiday. I used two Great Impressions Stamps "merry wreath" -F344 and "have yourself" -E512.

The wreath is colored in with markers and then I did some fussy cutting and I used just a portion of the sentiment stamp. Did you know the wreath is a symbol of life with the evergreens and the circle shape represents infinity or immortality?

I used a window die to create the outside of the house and the illusion of looking in the window. On the brown background, I used a brick embossing folder.
I added some red patterned paper behind the window for wallpaper and a touch of lace for my curtain. I also cut a window box and added some holly stickers and stamped my sentiment.
The wreath is hung with some red grosgrain ribbon.

That's my card for today. Do you think you know which carol inspired my card? I am anxious to see all of your guesses. So until next time......inky hugs.

Mary Marsh

card recipe:
stamps: F344 (merry wreath) and E512 (have yourself)
ink: memento tuxedo black
paper: core-dinations brown, Neenah white, SU red cs and patterned paper
accessories: red grosgrain ribbon, madison window die andwindow box, markers, white lace,

17 comments :

Jenny said...

Yikes Mary! This one is hopping into my fave list from you! Love that brick look in the background! It really grounds that amazingly decorated window! Fab card!

Caroline said...

WOW this is gorgeous love the little window and the flower box. Caroline xxx

happyscrapper said...

My guess is I'll Be Home For Christmas. Love the card and the brick work.

Colleen said...

Mary,
I love this one in fact I just may have to case it! I'm guessing Have Yourself A Merry Christmas.

Sue D said...

Wonderful card--love the brick embossing. My guess is I'll be Home for Christmas unless you gave a hint with the stamps you used in which case I would say Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.

Angela said...

You have superhero cutting skills, Mary! Love that bit of lace...beautiful card!

Mary K said...

Mary, this card is so charming! The window and bricks are the best to make it look as if you're gazing in the window. I'm guessing "Deck the Halls" and now it will be stuck in my head all day!

Elizabeth Hart said...

I so love this card - so much like how I decorate at Christmas!! The carol is Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"

Rozy said...

Very pretty card....The second I saw your card, I thought of the Christmas Carol that starts..."Frosted window panes.." I think that song is called Christmas Waltz.

belldoubleyou said...

Well, your card doesn't suggest a specific carol to me, but your choice of stamps sure does: Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas. If the card's something else, well -- you've done two carols in the same project!

Joan V said...

Oh, I love this card. The lace at the top is such a cute little window dressing. I think this one reminds me of "Deck the halls" .

Marsha said...

I'm torn between several songs but I am going to go with "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" just because of the stamp used.

Donna Nuce said...

I'll guess "Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas" too. That is the only one that I think fits your card. Very pretty card.

Patti J said...

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year'???? Your card is beautiful! Thanks for a great hop today!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card. I'll go with Holly Jolly Christmas on this one.
hugs
Dawn xx

skeeteror said...

Love the brick background and the touch of pp in the window! This could be so many carols! I'm going to go with "It's Beginning To Look a Lot like Christmas"! ~Bev~

Whimcees said...

Hello!

So pretty! I love this creative layout - gorgeous card! I think the song may be "Have A Merry Little Christmas" - maybe not. :<) Wishing you a happy day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...