Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Blowing Get Well Wishes Your Way




Welcome to:




Get Well Wishes

I have some friends in need of some positive thoughts coming up soon so I decided to make a couple man type Get Well cards to have on hand.  Being that they are guys, I tried to keep the papers basic and the cards not so girly.

I got some new Tim Holtz distress paint that I wanted to try out real quick. I am not much into distressing or paints, but these little dauber type paints looked very interesting. You can see that on  one card I used a lot of white and on one I barely added white to keep the white dandelions  in the background. The daubers are very easy to use! I stamped the images again in Versafine Onyx Black and added a little bit of ribbon on one card and a little strip of paper with twine on the other. I cut out a button with my Silhouette and added that to a card as well.

I hope you can take a few minutes and  join our polka dot and pastel challenge-you could be a winner!


See you next Sunday!!!



card details

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stamps:
G298 Seeded Dandelion by Great Impressions
B177  Wishes Your Way
Cardstock: Bo Bunny, Kraft from The Paper Studio, SU Black 
Ink: Versafine Onyx
Black
Misc: ribbon, pearls, twine, Tim Holtz Distress Paint (picket fence)




10 comments :

Karon said...

Perfect card - love the stamping effects! TFS

Jenny said...

Wow Sue! The black and white really make a statement...these would make a great set to give as a gift!

Mary Marsh said...

2great get well cards Sue-the distress paint gives a nice effect to the cards

Mynnette said...

I just love that silhouette. So elegant!!! Fabulous idea to make up more than one, too! :)

Erin said...

What a fabulous card, Sue! I LOVE this stamp! And you made it shine. :)

Amber said...

Very pretty, love the colors!

Sharon said...

Fabulous card Sue. Love the image and looks fab on Kraft Card.
Hugs Sharon. x

Shanna Shands said...

Great set. I love quick and simple cards!

Sparkly Engineer said...

Really liking the white and black on craft - excellent colors for a genderless card. The white dandelions are so pretty

Mary Kruschke said...

Hi Sue, this is one of my favorite stamps. How beautiful white, black and kraft can be...great job!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...