Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Dirty Tag and some Great Stamps

I have a craft mat. Love it. Easy to use and easy to clean! Spritz the mat with water when I'm done... and use a tag to clean up the mess! That's how the background of this tag was started. 


Then when I was through 'picking up color,'  I added it to my ring of tags to be used another day...not a bit of ink goes to waste; love my craft mat!

Now when I need a little something I pick up my ring of tags and choose one to start from. It's especially great when I need to use up some bits in my stash or need a little creative help getting out of a rut.


Watercolored the darling Skunk using Distress Inks and Viva Pearl Pens to add dimension to the flower centers and the Skunk's curly top. There's texture via the stamped and clear glitter heat embossed and dry embossed background. Lots of texture! Stop by my blog to see more about this clean up technique.



Just wanted to say, "Wow!" at the number of fabulous entries for this month's challenge...74 at the time of this post. Is one of the entries your's?

There's still a few days left to enter...don't be shy! Link up your project for an entry to win...a Great Impressions stamp is not necessary, but if you do use a Great Impressions stamp, you'll get two entries for the drawing for one project!


Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo, Worn Lipstick, Seedless Preserves (Limited Edition Fall 2011), Versamark Watermark, Adirondack Color Wash Cranberry
Paper: manilla tags, kraft card stock, My Mind's Eye Lost & Found - Market Street
Other: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Stylized Flowers, clear glitter embossing powder, Martha Stewart punch Doily, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher



4 comments :

Jenny said...

Oh my gosh!! What a clever idea to make tags and use up all that ink! Never would have thought of it...and your tag is just too cute!

Deloris said...

I agree with Jenny. It is very clever and very cute too! Great job!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Cute tag!! Love the stamps you used!

~ Jo ~ said...

Wow clever idea for tag making!! Thank you so much for the inspiration Angi!


Jo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...