Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Monday, July 27, 2015

Scandinavian Inspired Tulips


Hi, friends!  I'm here with another fun card using darling stamps from the Great Impressions online store to brighten your Monday and start your week off right!  Today, I'm sharing a card that was inspired by my Scandinavian heritage...

Here's my inspiration~

I LOVE the way these colors look on the dark background, and I adore the use of a repeated dot pattern.  Those were my inspirations when creating this card.  Take a peek...


The image, H251 Tall Tulips, was the perfect choice for this technique.  I heat embossed it in white onto black cardstock.  I then did a white ink wash onto the middles of the image.  I took a colored pencil and colored over the white, then around the image.  The last setp was to add the dots with a silver Sharpie marker.


The sentiment, one of the sayings from E791 Sweet Sentiments, was heat embossed in white onto vellum.  I added it to the card using dimensional foam.  The faceted gems cover those up. ;)


To tie everything together, I added more dots as a border around the panel.  I also decided to add some purple glitter paper to my card base for added texture and shine.


I LOVE the way this turned out!  I adore the effect that this technique creates--don't you?  I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below! :)


Thank you for stopping by, friends!  That's all for me today, but I'll be back next soon with another creation using stamps from the Great Impressions store.  I hope you join in our current challenge, and, if you use Great Impressions stamps, link them up in our Customer Gallery, too!  HUGS and happy stamping to you all!

blog sig 2015-16 photo Signature_1.png

Project supplies:

4 comments :

Unknown said...

Stunning! Totally enjoy the vibe you were going for. This is beautiful!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I love your Scandinavian inspired theme here, it turned out so well!

Patti J said...

Beautiful, Mynn! Those colors pop so dramatically against the black. Love this!

Dorothy S said...

Mynn, what great tulips! I used to have some wooden (Scandinavian) tulips that looked almost the same!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...