Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Happy Birthday ...

Good morning and Happy Wednesday! Ruza here to share another project featuring the awesome Great Impressions Stamps.


I love all things Country so when I saw the Hat & Boots (E829) in the store I knew I needed to play with them.


First step was to stamp the Hat & Boots (E829) several times with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Kraft cardstock. I then pulled out my Copic Markers to color each piece, fussy cut them out, and layer it back together with 3D Foam Squares and Mini Glue Dots. I wanted to create a 3D effect with the Hat & Boots. It's a little hard to tell in the photo's but it looks truly awesome in person.

I pulled the colors from the boots for the background, including the faux stitching around the edges, added some distress ink around the image, and incorporated some wood DP.

I am always in need of birthday cards so chose the Happy Birthday (C340) sentiment for today's card.

Here's another look at the Hat & Boots (E829) stamp ...


That is all for me today. I will be back next week with another project featuring some amazing stamps from Great Impressions! I hope you will check out our current Great Impressions Challenge, and if you use some Great Impressions stamps make sure you link them up in our Customer Gallery!

Until next week ... Enjoy!

5 comments :

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Awesome Ruza! Love this card! Love how you colored the boots and made them look 3D by layering them. Great idea. I love anything country too. The person you give this card to is going to love it!

I am your newest follower and would love to have you follow my blog also. I am having a blog celebration; with lots of prizes. I would love for you to join (if you aren't already), comment and add your link.
Hugs, Gloria DT

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Mynn xx said...

My jaw just dropped to the floor, girl! This is GORGEOUS!!! Your coloring is absolutely stunning! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Unknown said...

Those boots were made for walking! Love your card!

Unknown said...

Wow, you just knocked my boots off! Beautiful, I love the layering and paper piecing!

Patti J said...

Cute as can be! I love this stamp, but always wondered what I'd do with it - thanks for inspiring me!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...