Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Chicken Scratch



Hi Stampin' Friends!

April threw me off this week by challenging me to do something Monochromatic.
I had to do some pretty deep thinking on this one. (lol!)
An idea came to me over my morning Starbucks (love me some vanilla chai!).  Of course I had nothing available to put my thoughts to paper.  Then it occurred to me to combine my idea with a little notebook.  One I could keep easily within reach inside my purse.  So....long story short...
I now have a book to store any little inspirations that come to me.

Here is the inside front cover of my book.
Adding a pop of yellow from some sweet little chicks.


I gathered up some chip board, binding wire, and my Cinch.
Then I went to town with various shades of red, and white/ivory for my neutral color.
This little chick-a-dee by Great Impressions Stamps decorates my cover, 
with a computer generated sentiment.  The book is 6 x 4 with blank
 white printer paper for my doodles.

Can you guess what I placed on top of my DP?  
That ivory checker board is actually rubber shelf liner I picked up at the dollar store. (grin!)
I was relieved to find it was super easy to work with.


Supplies
Not Shown:  Shelf Liner from Dollar Store; Red Cardstock Scraps; Ribbon Scrap

InLinkz.com

If you are up for a challenge, how about showing us your stuff in the 
Great Impressions Stamps May Challenge?
Find all the deets right here.

Be sure to stop back tomorrow for a
really special post!

Enjoy your day!

Hugs,


5 comments :

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! How creative to use shelf liner. I bet it won't take you long to fill your book up with all your great inspirations.

Deloris said...

Very cute and clever too! Love the shelf liner topper!

Shanna Shands said...

I love the padding mat for shelves. At least that is what it looks like. Great little book though.

Sue from Oregon said...

Ha! I looked at that and thought "that stamp looks just like shelf line...cool" You fooled me! Great notebook!

Angela said...

What a fun idea, Jenny! Love the 'chicken scratch' - so cute! I would need one for the nightstand, too... :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...