Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Blowin' Bubbles - Z Fold Card

Happy Thursday! Today's card showcases a stamp I've been just itching to get some ink on...Say hello to Mouse with Bubble Hearts (G46)! Do you ever pick up a stamp, knowing how you'll use it, but it's not the right time? I knew when I saw this adorable stamp what type of card I was going to make. February seemed like such a long ways off...and here we are!


This card is known as a Z fold. (I've sometimes come across it called an "S Fold".) A Z fold card is a great way to create a scene or panels that go together. I love how parts of the card are peeking!


This week the Design Team is using embossing techniques on their projects. Did you know that you can take clear embossing powder and mix in a little glitter to customize your own glitter embossing powder? I know you really can't tell in these pictures, but that's just what I've done to the hearts. The sentiment is embossed, too.



A little bit of masking, punching, tape, some inking and coloring with Copics and we're done!


I can't say enough about the stamps I used on this project...the mouse could be used for 'sending love or a little TLC'...how about some cheer?!

The sentiment is gorgeous (Valentine E330)! It was hard to decide what I wanted to put with it on the card. I was thinking 'hello', 'love you', 'thinking of you'...lots of choices when you've got a Versamark pen! Yep, a pen, so you can design or fill in any image (or even part of an image) to emboss.

And the border stamp (Meadow Border F496) has been used with many of the stamps in my stash - Love it!

Thanks, again, for stopping by today! Hope you've got time today to create something great!

Inky hugs,
Angi

Stamps: Great Impressions Mouse with Bubble Hearts (G46), Valentine (E330), Meadow Border (F496)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark Watermark, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tumbled Glass
Tools: heat gun, Martha Stewart Doily Lace Punch, Scor-Pal
Other: Smash tape, Copics, clear embossing powder, glitter, chalks, American Craft Zing Wave

3 comments :

Jenny said...

Angi this is wonderful! I love how it flows together..and that mouse is just too sweet!

Deloris said...

What a cutie! Love it!

April said...

Eeeek....this is so cute!!! I love this fold and...wow...LOVE IT!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...