Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Monday, February 6, 2012

Happy Monday With Shanna

Good morning. Did everyone have a wonderful weekend?  I must say mine was not the best and definitely one I want to forget. My daughter started with rubbing her poo in the carpet Friday night. Saturday she was horrific at the circus.... not something she will get to do for a while! Sunday well :( let's just say the day slipped away. The Terrible twos is in full swing 100%. Needless to say I need a mommy weekend full of wine, chocolates, sexy men on tv, and a whole lot of music while I craft! 

But enough of that and let's move onto wait it is February....
that means there is a new Stamp of the Month (SOM)


You should definitely get your local stores to carry them. SOM are the newest stamps The Great Impressions puts out.  If you did not know they are such a wonderful range of stamps great for anyone in wood or cling. I can't wait until you see next months (March SOM). You are in for a fun and humorous surprise.


Well for my card to share with you today I had a blast of inspiration this week and extra time to spend as my daughter had plenty of time out last week. I created a card using a cuttlebug button embossing strip, made a rosette out of red cardstock and cut the ends so it gave it the extra pizazz, some ribbon fromThe Great Impressions from the 2011 SOM and I used last months SOM Swirly Valentines (E746) and the Heart Dandelions (G320) to add the finishing touch. However, behind scenes the design team has a little challenge we are doing to show challenge ourselves creatively. This week each member will be show casing a project using embossing (heated or dry). Therefore I am showcasing both. My favorite is heat embossing! I love watching the magic happen when it melts. 
So I used clear detail embossing powder an white card stock for the Heart Dandelions and I went over them with Barn Door DI and used a 1.5" Circle  Punch to punch it out for my rosette topper.


Then I used Red Apple embossing powder to add this sweet fancy sentiment. Hurry up and get some Great Impressions Valentine stamps to make for your sweeties!


Don't forget the store is moments from opening and they are working hard up in Washington to bring you some wonderful stamps!

Check back tomorrow for a Tuesday treat with Jenny!

4 comments :

Deloris said...

Very cute! Love the rosette and the embossed background.

Jenny said...

You out did yourself on this one Shanna! I absolutely love everything about it! Your rosette is perfect and all the embossing gives it such wonderful dimension.

Angela said...

The embossed buttons on the background are so cute! I love the red embossing powder...it can be difficult to find one that's really red, not orangey...and velvet ribbon...do yummy!

April said...

LOVE IT!!! Love that flower and that GI sentiment is sooo pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...