Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sew...what's new with YOU?

Hi, Everyone! Angi, here...with another failed attempt at a CAS (Clean and Simple) card! Don't worry...it doesn't really bother me. I have way too much fun playing with techniques and trying to figure out how to get the most out of my art stash - that includes my Great Impressions' stamps!

Have you used the special code (GIB212) to receive 10% off your Great Impressions Stamps online order, yet? Only a few days left...this code is only good till the end of February...

I have a lot going on this week and really did attempt a simpler design, but alas, the paint called my name and I answered! The 'Sentiment Only' Design Team Challenge was a difficult one for me...only a sentiment?!

No background stamping?
No fussy cutting?
No masking?!

What's a girl to do?

Why get out the embossing folders and sewing machine, of course! It all started with a plain piece of kraft cardstock, a few paper scraps...and the 'What's new?' (C420) stamp...


then an embossing folder, a dab or two of white paint and some stitching...with a little vintage lace (can one have too much tatted loveliness?) and the odd button, two or three thrown in for good measure!


Sew...what's new with you? We'd love to hear about the Great stamping you've been doing.

If you've taken the time to leave us a lovely comment - Thank you! We appreciate the feedback. Make sure to follow the Great Impressions' blog, so you don't miss a thing...and we don't miss you!

Boy...am I going to be in trouble if we ever really do a CAS challenge...hope you find some time this weekend to get your craft on!


Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: patterned scraps from my paper stash
Tools: sewing machine, Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Plaid (657064)
Other: ribbon scraps, vintage lace, misc. buttons

5 comments :

Jenny said...

loving the embossed panel with the paint Angi! Your cards are always so original...can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Shanna Shands said...

I like the earthy look of the card! The buttons are a great touch.

Deloris said...

Very cool card! Love all the special elements like the texture, buttons and of course the stitching!

Dawnll said...

I am so with you! I love what you created, it is so hard not to want to add more.

Lou said...

Hi! this really is lovely,gorgeous colours and love the buttons too.
hugs Lou.xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...