Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Elegant Flourish


Good Morning!

Gotta a new technique for you today!  At least it is new to me (grin!)
If you haven't picked up the latest edition of Paper Crafts titled "Cool Tools" you really should run out and get it.  My head is swimming with fun ideas using tools 
many of us already have in our craft room.

My flourish frame and initial is, of course, by Great Impressions Stamps.  Have to say these are some sturdy and deeply etched stamps.  I put them through quite a bit and they came out looking good as new with just a simple soap and water wash.


Here are the steps:

1.  Cover card-stock large enough to fit your image with watermark ink and embossing powder.  
Heat powder.  Really ink up your card-stock and pour on the powder.
2.  Repeat entire process for a total of seven times.  Your card-stock will get thick and goopy.
3.  While warm and pliable stamp your image.  Do not remove stamp until cool.  (about 5 min.)

  Don't worry about any imperfections.  They only add to the beauty of the finished product. 
Once cooled, I stamped my initial in the center and let it set. 
I then traced over with a permanent black marker.


Supplies
Not Shown:  Great Impressions Stamps Flourish Frame F442
Michael's Ribbon


A set of these, with her new last name initial, would make a perfect gift for the bride. 
 For a nice touch use the wedding colors in the card.

See you next week!

Hugs,

Jenny

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

Stunning! How elegant! I have never tried that before. You make it look so effortless!

Deloris said...

Neat technique! Will have to dig out my supplies and give it a try.

FondyFitness said...

Love this look. I would have guessed that it was metal. Thanks for the new idea!

Angela said...

This is one of my fave techniques! Love how your card turned out, Jenny! Very elegant...

Shanna Shands said...

Isn't this a fun technique? I used this on a card with lips stamps to give a card a sealed kiss lol. I love the colors you used! Great card!

April said...

Wow...what a fun technique! That sounds like it took some time going through 7 layers of embossing powder!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...