Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Easter Chicks Tag

When the stamps for February's Stamp of the Month program were revealed I fell in love with this basket of chicks - Easter Chicks - stamp! Every time I see it I think, "Bless This Nest" because it reminds me of a house full of busy kids...oh...that's my house!



The 'patterned' papers were made using Distress Inks (Victorian Velvet, Vintage Photo, Wild Honey and Tea Dye) and the Damask Background stamp. The 'Easter Greetings' banner was part of the Easter Greetings stamp - just stamp and cut out the parts you need.



The little buds in this image remind me of pussy willows, so a bit of appliqué and the heat gun and voila! fuzzy buds!



Some other fun tidbits about this project...that orange seam binding is ribbon I dyed last year using the leftover dyes we had used for the eggs! It makes beautiful ribbon colors!

Use foam tape in a hidden place and stick your pin into the foam. It helps to anchor your pin and keep it from falling out.

Okay...time to get busy...speaking of...there's a little bit of time left to enter our Monthly Challenge!

Hurry quick! The deadline is the 31st...





5 comments :

Jenny said...

Angi you are stunning me yet again!
Loving all the texture and colors...gotta try your ribbon dying idea!

Deloris said...

I agree with Jenny. I love all the textures, the soft colors and that ribbon dying with left over egg coloring is very clever! Never would have thought to do that.

Shanna Shands said...

Beautiful tag. I love the pin and dimensions.

~ Kendra ~ said...

What a beautiful tag!! LOVE the stamps you used!! Really like the colors as well, so pretty!

~ Jo ~ said...

Angi this is just beautiful! I love that little basket of chicks too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...