Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Life's Pleasures


It's Tuesday and my week is already flying by!
Always something going on, family to attend to, errands...  Just everyday life happening.
I created this card over the weekend and decided to take the sentiment to heart.
It's been very unseasonably warm here in Wisconsin, 
so my sweet hubby brought out the patio furniture.
I made time to just sit outside and take in all the lovely sounds and sights of Spring.  
Then I got lost in a book on my Nook.  Absolutely love my Nook!

The image on my card today just makes me smile.
Reminds me of the innocence of children and how
seeing life through their eyes can be such a wonder!


I choose soft colors for my card.
The background DP mimics a kind of water color effect I think.
In keeping with the no flat card for the DT challenge this week, (really never a problem for me - grin!) ...my image panel is popped up and I paper pieced the umbrella
and popped that up also with dimensionals.

Some sponging around a Nestie with distressed ink provided a soft frame for this a-dorable image.
A rolled scalloped button flower with a bit of twine tops it off with even more texture.

Supplies
Not Shown:  SU - Crushed Curry Card stock - Retired;  Button from my stash


Great Impressions Stamps has been so good to me!
I am thoroughly enjoying the variety of their wonderful stamps.
It seems I am constantly adding to my list of "wants".
Have you made up a list?
Their new on-line store even has a wish-list.
Now...how cool is that (smile!)

Enjoy your Tuesday everyone...and take time to enjoy those "little pleasures".

Hugs,

4 comments :

Deloris said...

Absolutely adorable! Love the paper pieced umbrella and the pretty roller flower!

Angela said...

Love how you popped up the umbrella! This is darling, Jenny.

Dawnll said...

Oh this is so beautiful! Love the watercolor effect perfect with the design

Shanna Shands said...

Great card Jenny. I love the dimensions. the pop out of the umbrella is great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...