Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Friday, August 23, 2013

Autumn Flowers

     My kids have returned to school and so I'm feeling that summer is over and fall is beginning.  I know that we are still in August, but I'm longing for my comfy sweaters.  Today, I decided to create my first autumn card of the year.  

     I love autumn colors and went with a autumn gold theme.  I love white on white cards so I thought I would try a gold on gold and I believe it came out even better than I imagined .  What do you all think?

     I think the secret of monochromatic cards is to use lots of texture so for this card I began with textured Bazzil card stock and then added layers of different dry embossed patterns.  The secret to getting these cards to look classy is to mat each dry embossed layer with a very slim frame.  I also like to add dimensional tape behind layers.

     The culmination of my layers was the Flower Shelf image colored with more fall colors and grounded it with an  outline of a very pale gray Copic.  I think a nice gold brushed shadow would have worked as well.  By the way, I also popped the image after fussy cutting it out.  I used a pale cream paper for my image since white would be too stark for the gold paper.  As always, my image is colored with Prisma pencils and I used odorless mineral spirits to blend colors.

     Remember,for those of you on a limited budget, almost any image can be used for a holiday or themed card as long as you use the correct colors.  You don't have to purchase a seasonal stamp, just purchase a stamp that you love; unless like me, your a stampaholic and have to stamps for every occasion.

Today's Great Impressions Stamp is G489 Flowers on a Shelf a very versatile stamp that I think is super versatile.


4 comments :

Karon said...

What a gorgeous, stunning card. Love all the embossed layers and then topped with that perfect image. TFS

Jenny said...

Great embossing details Mary Anne!

Mynn xx said...

LOVE all the gorgeous texture layers, Mary Anne! And the fall colors of the image are stunning! LOVE this card! :)

simply monica said...

Love all the layers amazing

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...