Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Crayon Resist Technique

Hi, friends!  Welcome to another fun technique tutorial using the fabulous images by Great Impressions Rubber Stamps!  This week we’ll be learning how to do the CRAYON RESIST technique!  I’ll be making a fun gift tag that can go on any number of gifts!

Here’s a list of supplies you’ll need for this technique~

  • E767 Bubble Over
  • White crayon or colored pencil
  • Water color pen, blender pen, or small paintbrush
  • Cup of water*
  • Desired Inks
  • Paper and embellishments to finish your project

The gift tag I’ve made~

Details~



And here’s the tutorial~

I apologize for having the wrong title in the video--I caught it too late and I had already saved the movie.  Hopefully it didn't throw you off too much! :)

This stamp is SO versatile!  You can pair it as a sentiment with D715 Kitty in Tub, G478 Bubbly Pig, G46 Mouse with Bubble Hearts, B168 Fish Bowl, F372 Cat and Fishes, F397 RainbowFish, E649 A School of Fish, or G421 Bubble Fish.  You can use it alone as a sentiment on a card or use it as a gift tag as I’ve used it!  Some gift giving ideas using this sentiment for the tag include bubble bath, dish soap, bubbles, or even soda pop!  What a fabulous way to utilize your investment! 

I hope you grab that image along with some of the other stamps mentioned as quick as you can and don’t forget to grab the supplies for next time’s tutorial!  I’ll be focusing on Halloween projects next month so our tutorials will be hauntingly sweet!  The first one is called Ghost Masking!

Here are the supplies you’ll need for that technique~

See you next Thursday for another project using fabulous images by Great Impressions!  HUGS and happy stamping friends!


6 comments :

Jenny said...

Great tutorial Mynnette! I love the different ideas you gave for using this stamp. Never would have thought of soda!

Karen Petitt said...

Fab technique Mynn, thank you for sharing will try this out. I love that bubble stamp - gorgeous and would be ideal for many treats to make them a bit special Karen x

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great tutorial Mynette-and a beautiful tag that you created

simply monica said...

Fab tutorial love your tutorial

Sparkly Engineer said...

I learn something new everyday. I never even considered crayon resist with colored pencils - you are so clever.

Giovana said...

This is a fantastic tutorial Mynnette!! I have to give it a try.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...