Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Chana Harris - Guest Designer - Life is Art

Hi, Crafty Peeps!  Chana Malkah Harris  here as this month's Guest Designer for Great Impression Stamps!  I have created two cards I think would be perfect to send to crafting buddies or other Arts and Crafts enthusiasts.  I enjoyed working with the Great Impressions Stickable Stamps. They are precision cut and make a nice, clean impression.  I've worked with so many digitals, lately, it was fun to have a real stamp on my drafting table.

The first project incorporates both my image and my sentiment stamps.
 The Back Story
Great Impressions Stamp #8570 Flower Girl
The image was colored with Copics and Chalk; the flowers are by Prima.
The Embossing Folder:  Spellbinder's M-bossibilities ES-006; Die Cut Sizzix Framelits

The Sentiment is Great Impressions Stamp #8571 Life is Art
After cutting the frame for my card front, I had an additional frame and cut layer leftover.  In my quest to reduce my stash, I decided to use them to mount and frame the sentiment on the inside of the card.
I used chalk to color the frame and to shade the sentiment.
~~~~~~~
This stamp is so versatile, I felt it would be interesting as the Focal of a CAS design.  I have been working a lot with frames, shadow boxes, and window cards, lately.  I constructed this one without my usual acetate window. 
 The designer paper is from Prima's Sun Kiss Collection.  Flowers by Prima and Leaves by Petaloo.  The edges were distressed using Ranger Distress Ink - Tea Dye
The Die Cut is Spellbinders' Label #17
Hint:  I am working on a project in which I stamped, and then cut out the elements of this stamp and used them on a tag.  Like I said...versatile.

Hugz,
Chana M. Harris

4 comments :

Jenny said...

Thank you for joining us Chana! Your cards are pure loveliness!!

Mynn xx said...

Chana, these are both amazing!!! LOVE the bright colors you used and the frames are amazing! Thanks for joining us here on the GI blog! :)

Sparkly Engineer said...

Wow, both of these cards are fab. Love the coloring on the first card and the way you framed the image. Your little girl just seems to glow with goodness.

simply monica said...

Great card. Love how you outlined her like she has a glow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...