Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Cracked Glass Tutorial


Hello Great Impressions fans! Leah with you today and I have a tutorial for you called Cracked Glass. You'll need some extra thick embossing powder (ETEP), Versa Mark ink, a heat gun, a stamped image, and access to a freezer. 


Here are my supplies and my stamped and colored imaged. I used the lovely Rose Bouquet (G416) and colored my image with Copics. I also added Distress ink around the edges of my die cut.


After your stamped image is done you will want to cover the entire panel with Versa Mark ink. I just pressed my die cut on the top of my ink pad and moved it around to cover the whole thing.


Then you cover the entire thing in your ETEP and heat. This part takes a bit of quick work, but while the powder is still hot sprinkle more on top and heat again. Repeat several times. For mine I did this 4 times.


 Your die cut will be very warm by this time. To get the cracked glass look you'll want to put your stamped panel into your freezer. Leave it in there for about 5 minutes. You paper will likely be curled a bit but that's okay. After you take it out of the freezer you gently bend the paper in all different directions and your thick coating on embossing powder will crack. Fun!


Now you are ready to make a project with it! For my card I used the Playful Thinking of You sentiment (B195) and added lots of layers and some hearts and tiny rhinestones. I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial and if you give it a try I'd love to come and see! 

Be sure to check out the Great Impressions store for many fabulous images and join us in this month's challenge and if you use a GI stamp be sure to link up in the customer gallery

Have a wonderful day!



5 comments :

MaxiBelle Studio said...

such a simple but very effective tutorial! Cant wait to try it out

Unknown said...

Hi Leah! Beautiful effect! I must try this! Thank you for the tip ;)
Ingrid xx

Mynn xx said...

Absolutely gorgeous, girl! Mynn xx

Katy said...

Wow! This is a super cool technique! I must try this! :) And the stamp you used is perfect!

Patti J said...

Leah, this is gorgeous! I haven't done this technique in a long while - thanks for reminding me! Beautiful card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...