Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Friday, May 9, 2014

Mermaid Meditation

     This Friday I am pleased to share another underwater card with you; a gorgeous mermaid in an underwater scene.  I created this card using  using 4 different Great Impression stamps E588 Seaside Shells for my ocean floor, H181 Seaweed, E649 A School of Fish, and H182 Rachel in the Sea.


     To begin to create this scene I stamped H182 Rachel in the Sea first onto my plain white card stock.  Next I stamped her again on a post-it note and used that as a mask.  Next I stamped H181 Seaweed over and partially beside her.  The post-it note allowed the seaweed to look like it was growing behind my mermaid and for her hair to appear to be floating in with it.  Leaving the mask in place, I next stamped E588 Seaside Shells across the bottom of the scene and over the mermaid.  The last thing I stamped was E649 A School of Fish twice going off the edge of the paper.

    I colored my scene using colored pencils and a Gamsol blending technique then die cut it and die cut a frame in metallic copper paper to mount it on.  I finished off the scene by distressing the edges in blue ink and then added lots of different colored Stickles.

    After finishing the main portion of the card, I was trying to decide what to mat it with and decided that the best thing would be to create more ocean background so I stamped more E649 School of Fish all over my mat and then H181 Seaweed and colored those as well.  I think it gives the card a finished look and I love how the ocean seems to continue around the focal image.




1 comment :

Mynn xx said...

Fabulous scene, Mary Anne! :) Mynn xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...