Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Monday, May 19, 2014

Painter's Tape Technique

Happy Monday Great Impressions Stamp Friends!

Kendra from Luv 2 Scrap 'n Make Cards here today to share a fun technique with you!!
I am so excited!!

Have you tried the Painter's Tape Technique?
I think it is so fun and has a nice finished result!

Start by gathering your supplies:
Painter's Tape
Inks
Card Base Layer (Mine is 5 1/4" x 4")
Stamp (I am using Seeded Dandelions (G298))

Rip off a few pieces of painter's tape to the length you would like.
For my card today, each piece was around the same size.

Next place the painter's tape on the ink pad you are going to use first, sticky side on ink pad.
Press your fingers across tape gently to ink it up!

The tape will look something like this:

Now you are ready to press the piece of tape onto your cardstock piece:

A look at the first "stamped" tape:

And a look at all the stamped "tape" before I stamped my image:

Now you can stamp your image! 
I used black so that it would really pop off the colored stamped tape!
(Sorry I forgot to take a pic of this step!)

My finished card:
What a fun technique!!

The "Enjoy the Day" tag is part of the Tags Rubber Stamp (G483) set!

More details on my personal blog here.

---------------

Thank you for stopping by to see my project today!
Be sure to stop back for more wonderful inspiration!

Join in our monthly challenge as well!  
We'd love to see what you create!

Check out the Great Impressions shop for more wonderful stamps!!

Have a wonderful week!


7 comments :

Patti J said...

Great card! I love this technique, and am so happy you reminded me to use it! This is a beautiful creation! Thanks for sharing :-)

Mynn xx said...

This is absolutely awesome, Kendra! HUGS! Mynn xx

Anonymous said...

Great tut and your card looks great!

Anonymous said...

Great tut and your card looks great!

Unknown said...

what a fun technique. I may have to give it a try!

Sparkly Engineer said...

Neat Technique. I haven't seen this before

bbvp said...

I ran across this technique via Craft Gossip...It's genius! And I'll be using it in my mixed media art pieces for sure. Thank you for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...