Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Guess Cindy Lawrence's Christmas Carol

Sleigh-Ride-1---OHS
Just hear those sleigh bells jingle-ing...

Hey, everyone!  It's Cindy Lawrence here, and I'm excited to be guest designing for Great Impressions Stamps today.  A little bit about me for those who may not know who I am...  I live in southern NH with my incredibly supportive husband, Jim.  We have four children, three awesome boys (ages 24, 22, & 16) and our sweet baby girl.  (Okay, she's 13...I'm in denial.)  I've worked in the crafty/artsy industry for about 18 years.  In the early days, I was a very successful Stampin' Up demonstrator, and made the transition into the "rest of the big ol' crafty world" when I was a part of the Splitcoast Dirty Dozen back in 2008.  Since then, I have been blessed to be a part of many design teams, and currently have the best job in the entire world as a Copic Certification Instructor.  I get to color and travel for a living, and have met some of the most amazing, sweet people on the planet.  What a privilege and an honor!  I think crafty people are the nicest people, don't you?

I am totally impressed with the variety and selection of stamps in the Great Impressions store.  I had such fun playing with the stamps I was sent!

This week, Great Impressions is hosting a fun Guess the Christmas Carol challenge each day, complete with fun prizes for the winner!  Can you guess what my carol is?  All you need to do is comment here on this post with your guess, and we'll choose a random winner from the correct guesses.  Be sure to hop on over to my blog, The Creative Closet, to leave a comment there as well to increase your chances of winning.

The stamps I chose to work with are Stickable Stamps, which are precision-cut, cling rubber stamps.  I love that they have the image printed right on them; so you can see exactly where you're stamping.  They are really fabulous!

My card was made with the gorgeous Sleigh Ride stamp, as well as the Magic in the Air sentiment.  Aren't they just beautiful?  I had such fun coloring that sleigh image!  I stamped it in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on X-Press It Blending Card, and colored it with Copic markers.  I stamped the sentiment in Memento Olive Grove ink.

The card base is is a smooth white, and the pretty patterned papers are from an oldie-but-goodie, Basic Grey's Jovial 6x6 paper pad.  I added a row of pom pom trim, red velvet trim, and a trio of red enamel dots to finish off the details.

Sleigh-Ride-1-Inside---OHS

Inside, I added a strip of patterned paper, and stamped the image in Memento Pistachio ink.  I do so love that Sleigh Ride image!

Remember, there is a great sale going on right now through tomorrow!  Just enter the code Merry on the shopping cart page to save 15% storewide.  How's that for a sweet deal?!


Thanks so much for visiting today, friends!

Have a blessed day!

~Cindy

20 comments :

Sue D said...

Beautiful card. My guess is Sleigh Ride.

Unknown said...

I saw this card on your Blog this morning and left this comment:

GORGEOUS Holiday card. I get your newsletter everyday, and everyday I see a beautiful crafted and colored card. I love how you ALWAYS finish the inside of the card so much too. The Christmas Carol is Sleigh Ride.....one of my favorites! Fa La La La La TFS!!!

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

This is gorgeous! Your coloring is stunning! I too will go with "Sleigh Ride" as my guess!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. The Christmas carol is "Jingle Bells"

Jenny said...

Cindy your festive holiday card is just stunning! Wish I could win this card (lol!)

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful card! Love the pretty stamp and your coloring! Great paper choices too!
Sleigh Ride must be the carol of the day!

Janis said...

Lovely card. From your lyric clue, it must be Sleigh Ride.
<3 J

Barbara said...

Oh, I know, I know, it's..."Sleigh Ride"! What a beautiful card you put together, for that song. I'm telling you, no one colors with your skill, that scene absolutely comes alive. And you are right, there is "Magic in the air". Love it!

Nana Griffin said...

My guess is Sleigh Ride for the name of the song. Such a beautiful card to go with this song. Nicely colored and designed! Love it.

Queen Mary said...

Is it cheating if I leave two comments? I'm going with sleigh ride, same reason as before -- checking out the blog and shop! :)

Sabrina said...

Beautiful card and my guess is Sleigh Ride!!

Mynn xx said...

This is absolutely STUNNING! I LOVE the way you've colored the image and I adore that fabulous pom pom trim! HUGS and thanks for being our guest here at Great Impressions! :) Mynn xx

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Sleigh Ride... lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you!!! hehehe! love the card!

ArtisticInkspirations said...

The correct name of the carol is "Jingle Bells"... not what you would normally think, but we used to sing it in choir a lot at Christmas for the Kid's Christmas.

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Forgot to comment on your card...absolutely lovely.. reminds me of sleighs we used to have back east, and saw some in Europe one time also... WIsh they'd come back in style!!

Chana Malkah said...

Beautifully colored image! I love the wonderful combination of papers and minimal embellishments! Nice composition and wonderful color integration. My guess for the song is "Sleigh Ride."
Hugz,
Chana

Amy Martin said...

Beautiful. card. my guess is dashing through the snow.

Amy Martin said...

Lol. jingle bells.

jonim52 said...

Sleigh Ride is the song for this magnificent card.

Tracy said...

I would guess Sleigh Ride is the carol. Your card is gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...