Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Mynn's "Guess the Carol" Tag

Hello, blogging pals!  How's your December going?!  I hope it's off to a great start!  Speaking of great start--did you know that we are playing name the carol this week?!  The person who can guess all of the carols correctly and leaves comments each day here on this blog will win a prize!  So, make sure to take a peek at ALL this week's creations and leave comments!  Now, come take a peek at my tag...



Nope, no clues.  The tag kinda speaks for itself and my carol should be totally apparent!  Now I'll tell you how I made the tag.  First, I heat embossed H190 Vintage Holly Branches in gold on white cardstock.  I then used a watercolor pen and colored the image and created a background.

I then added some glossy accents to the berries to make them seem shiny.  I added a button and some twine to the top to anchor the image to the top of the tag.  I also added a few rhinestones for some added sparkle.

Next, I head embossed C427 Seasons Greetings in gold onto some red cardstock.  I cut it into a strip and then I added it to the tag with some dimensional foam to add depth.  The red and gold look so elegant and really match this fabulous image!

I then layered these two pieces onto a red mat.  The final product looks better in real life.  The gold embossing is really hard to photograph!

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my creation!  Hop over to leave comments on the other tags and come play along with our monthly challenge, too!  If you use stamps from Great Impressions, you'll be able to link up your creation in our Customer Gallery, too!  HUGS and happy stamping to you all!

 photo Sigcopy.png

13 comments :

New Creations said...

Beautiful vintage Holly tag in gold embossing with red berries, really popped up the image!
I think the tag is based on this carol-The Holly And The Ivy

Marsha said...

So pretty with the gold embossing.
"Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly"

snazzyjj said...

This is such a fun game!!! My guess is "Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly."

Mynn xx said...

Such good guesses, ladies! :) Mynn xx

Donna Nuce said...

It definitely has to be Deck the Halls with boughs of Holly! Beautiful card and have a great day Mynn!

Michelle said...

Beautiful tag!!

I would guess "Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly" :)

Jenny Alia said...

Beautiful tag and fun idea. My guess is..."Deck the Halls"

sammi said...

I'm thinking this one is based on Deck The Halls

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Pretty. "Deck the Halls" song.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

ionabunny said...

Love the colours. Did think The Holly and the Ivy, but no ivy, so I'm going with Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly, Fa la la la lah la la la lah. It sounds better in my head LOL Hugz

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous tag! I think the carol is "Deck the Halls".

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love the gold embossing. I'm going with the popular vote of Deck the Halls. The song popped right into my head when I saw this tag.

Hazel said...

I think it might be the beautiful Sans Day Carol - now the holly bears a berry as ... x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...