Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Spotlight Sponging Card + Tutorial

Hello, all!  We're getting closer to the holidays, and today I have a card with a fun technique that is sure to WOW--but still be easily mailed!  I've use products from the Great Impressions store and I've also made a video tutorial on how to create this technique that I'm calling SPOTLIGHT SPONGING.  Come take a peek at my card!


To create this card, I started by stamping D470 Bird Trio onto some white cardstock.  I then did a little magic with the SPOTLIGHT SPONGING technique (movie below) and added some glitter and alcohol coloring to finish this portion off.


The card needed a sentiment, so I grabbed C427 Seasons Greetings and heat embossed it onto some red cardstock.  I decided to punch it out like a banner and add a few rhinestones for a bit more shine.

Then all that needed to happen was to put it all together.  I used a few foam dimension pieces to pop portions of the card up and I love the effect!  What do you think of my card?  I'd love for you to leave me some comments below and let me know!  You can see more detailed shots on my personal blog HERE, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my creation!  Hop over to come play along with our monthly challenge, too!  If you use stamps from Great Impressions, you'll be able to link up your creation in our Customer Gallery, too!  HUGS and happy stamping to you all!

 photo Sigcopy.png

2 comments :

Patti J said...

Very pretty card, Mynn, and I love to sponge...can't wait to give this a try :-) thanks for sharing!

Diane Noble said...

Gorgeous card and fabulous technique! Great video! Thanks, Mynn for wonderful instruction.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...