Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Friday, October 9, 2015

Rose Sympathy

Hello again everyone! I've decided we need some more sympathy card inspiration around here! If you're anything like me, you probably hate making these. It's hard to know where to start.
I've used Rose Trio G454, embossing them in white on vellum. I colored them from the back side of the vellum using Distress inks. The With Sympathy B178 sentiment was also embossed in white.
I think that vellum can be tricky to work with because you have to either hide your adhesive under other elements, or use some other means of attaching it to the base of your card. In this case I sewed it down to the cardstock underneath along the top, bottom and right edge. Then I put just a little bit of glue under each flower. Quick and easy to put together and I think these would be pretty in so many different colors! Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments :

Marianne said...

Those roses look so pretty on vellum

Patti J said...

Oh my gosh, Emily, this is gorgeous! I am to case it for sure - seems we always need sympathy cards for church :( Thanks for sharing your vellum tricks! Hugs...

Unknown said...

Beautiful Vellum Roses, love the stitching too!

Mynn xx said...

W.O.W., Emily! This is absolutely STUNNING! IN LOVE with the fabulous effect the embossing on the vellum created--just amazing! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...