Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Happy Valentine's Day Owl

Good morning! I have a fun post for you guys today. One of the trends I have been seeing a lot of is the Chalkboard Technique. It's all over Pinterest and now taking cardmaking by storm! Betsy Veldman did a fantastic tutorial on it a few months ago, and of course I had to try it. I took photos of my process along the way and added notes to each of the photos. Enjoy! 

(Supplies - Stamps: (Great Impressions Stamps) Love Struck Owl, Simple Elegance. Ink: VersaMark. Cardstock: (PTI) True Black, Pure Poppy, Sweet Blush. Patterned Paper: BasicGrey. Dies: (PTI) Limitless Layers Hearts, Small Scalloped Border. Gems: Hero Arts. Other: Baker's Twine, white embossing powder, white colored pencil, typewriter.)

As an added bonus you got to peek at my craft desk. Which is usually a mess while I am in the middle of a project! :-)

Isn't it a fun technique? And the Love Struck Owl makes the cutest Valentine's Day cards. If you have any questions feel free to ask them in the comments section. Have a great week and I'll be back next Wednesday with another card for Great Impressions Stamps!

4 comments :

Patti J said...

Great card, Erin - what fun! Really does look like chalkboard dust! Thanks for sharing the tutorial with us :) Hugs...

Jenny said...

Love this oh so trendy technique!! Can't wait to try it Erin! Your card is amazing!

Mary Marsh said...

I love this technique Erin and you have done an amzing job with your sweet little owl heart

Sue from Oregon said...

Very nice tutorial Erin! Love the chalkboard creation!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...