Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hello Butterfly

Happy New Year! Welcome to my first post of 2013 for Great Impressions Stamps. I am delighted to be here for another 6 month term. 

This week I pulled out Great Impressions Stamps Tiger Swallowtail. And what a beautiful stamp to work with. I used Copic markers and a touch of Stickles, cut out the image, and popped it up with pop dots to create dimension. Although I had a hard time getting this card from a single stamped image to the finish product. I initially stamped the butterfly three times onto white cardstock, colored each one a different color, then tried to make the three butterflies work on this card. I moved them around, arranged them differently, then finally got frustrated and took the pink and blue ones off... then my "ah-ha" moment came: one is better than three. The single butterfly looks great and the other two butterflies landed in my scraps pile. And that is how my 20 minute card turned into a 90 minute card. :-)

Anywho, I think it turned out pretty darn cute:

   (Supplies - Stamps: (Great Impressions Stamps) Tiger Swallowtail. Cardstock: (Hero Arts) Pool, (Avery Elle) Kraft. Patterned Paper: (My Mind's Eye.... I think. It was a mixed manufacturer pack). Washi Tape: (October Afternoon) Witch Hazel. Letter Stickers: (BasicGrey). Ribbon: (Stampin' Up!) Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding. Gems: Hero Arts.)

Seam binding might be my favorite ribbon to work with. It is so light and doesn't weigh the card down. I like that it adds softness to a card with a lot of harsh points (the patterned paper) and colors (black washi tape & gems).

Make sure to check back here on the 6th for our new challenge! 

Have a great week! 

Erin.

7 comments :

Jenny said...

Yikes! Beautiful doesn't begin to cover it Erin! I adore this design and that butterfly is perfection!

Mary Marsh said...

so pretty Erin-love the cas layout and the beautiful butterfly image-I am with you I really like working with seam binding

Shanna Shands said...

I am loving your papers!

Patti J said...

Erin, this is beautiful. I love the clean layout, and those colors are fresh and fun. Thanks for sharing that gorgeous butterfly! Hugs...

Joan V said...

Erin, what a fantastic card. I love the butterfly image. What is also awesome about this card is the designer paper.It draws my eye to the words and image. I just love this. Thanks for sharing.

Mary K said...

I'm thinking of making these as thank you cards--a breath of fresh "warm" spring air is what we all need! So darling - thank you!

Cheryl said...

This is just stunning! I love the design and gorgeous colors.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...