Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Monday, January 14, 2013

With Deepest Sympathy

Hello!  This is Cheryl.   Last week, I mentioned that I loved this Lace Doily (J101) stamp and had a lot of different ideas on how to use it. So today, I am using it again but in a bit of a different style. Usually I am scrambling to make sympathy cards when I need them. I never make them to have on hand. Well, I decided that this stamp would make a very elegant sympathy card and created this card for my stash.

2013-01-13-GI-Doily-sympathy-straigh

I stamped the doily image 4 times on my DP and then cut out the layers. I assembled the various layers using pop-dots to add dimension.

2013-01-13-GI-Doily-sympathy-angled-[1]

Although I used a computer generated sentiment, Great Impressions has some lovely sympathy sentiments HERE.

If you missed my post last week, you can see another way to use this stamp HERE.

Don’t forget you still have plenty of time to join the January challenge at the Great Impressions blog. Use this fabulous sketch from DT member Erin and link up your project HERE.



Thank you for stopping by!   Have a great day!

~Cheryl

Supplies:


  • Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Papers: Close To My Heart Silhouette paper pack
  • Tools: Sewing machine, Big Shot, Spellbinders Labels 15 & Lacey Circles dies
  • Embellishments: KaiserCraft black pearls
  • Font: Alex Brush from Font Space

7 comments :

Jenny said...

Beautiful card Cheryl! Great idea to cut and pop up the layers!

Mary K said...

Looks very lovely layered!

Sue said...

This is stunning Cheryl. I love the way you have layered the image and the colours are gorgeous
Hugs Sue

Joan V said...

Gorgeous card, Cheryl. I try to make a few sympathy cards to have on hand, too. Thanks for the inspiration. Have a great day.

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Cheryl! Sigh...I guess that stamp will have to find its way to my wish list :) You are creating some real beauties with it! Thanks for sharing :)

sallysbitz2 said...

This is another stunning card Cheryl x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

Sue from Oregon said...

I love seeing different uses for the same stamp! This is a very elegant sympathy creation for sure Cheryl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...