Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Friday, September 13, 2013

Autumn Elegance

   On my tag today, I have used one of my favorite Great Impressions stamps, Romantic Collage.  This is a incredibly versatile stamp.  I like to use it to create background papers, cut it apart and use it as embellishments and design elements and as I have today use it as the focal image.


     I started with a plain packing tag and got busy with some acrylic paints and dye inks.  The first thing I did was to use a direct to paper method with my ink.  After that dried, I dry brushed cream acrylic paint.  The next layer was some stippled gold paint.  After my background dried completely I put it threw a embossing folder backwards so that it was debossed.  I drew in the lines, added some dark pearls to the cross sections and use some Stickles lightly in the fleur de lis.  I also used some distress ink around the edges to darken them just a bit.

     Next came the image.  For this tag, I stamped the image three separate times and then layered and popped the layers.  All are colored with Prisma pencils and edged with black stickles.  Finally, I rummaged through my stash of charms and chose a couple that I felt complemented the image.

     The final step was to add the ribbon.  It didn't look quite right tied so i wired it together at the top and added a final charm over the wire.   By the way,  the charm at the top is a piece of a dollar store bracelet.  Dollar stores are great places to find charms.

Mary Anne

3 comments :

Jenny said...

I like how you fussy cut the parts of the stamp to make your pretty collage Mary Anne. Too funny though...I've been playing with different techniques on tags too!

Mynn xx said...

This is GORGEOUS, Mary Anne!!! LOVE the background you created--and I LOVE the stamp you used! :)

Sue from Oregon said...

Lovely Mary Anne!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...