Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Friday, September 27, 2013

Spooky Tree Tag

     I have been having tons of fun making up Halloween tags for party favors this week and thought I share a favorite with you.  This tag uses the Spider Tree stamp to great effect.  The tag itself was colored with the direct to paper method using distress inks.  Then I accidentally spilled a glass of water on it.  When the tag tried it was awesome, perfect for Halloween.  I was always told accidents are an opportunity for art and boy did that saying prove true.

I stamped the spider tree in black Versafine ink so I could get really good definition of the spiderwebs.  Next, using a black marker, I colored in the base of the tag to ground  the image.  Clear Stickles were used on the webs only.  The entire tag was then sponged with more black ink and I punched a few tiny bats out using a corner punch and added them to the scene.  Lastly, I added some neat Halloween colored fibers and a ribbon.

Mary Anne

4 comments :

Jenny said...

This is awesome Mary Anne! Very creepy it even scares me!

Mynn xx said...

Mary Anne, this is AMAZING! LOVE the fabulous grungy feel and I LOVE the bits of glitter and bling! :)

Sue from Oregon said...

Definitely Spooksville Mary Anne!!!

Shanna Shands said...

This is so fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...