Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Thursday, July 4, 2013

For Someone Special

Happy Independence Day to all of you living in the USA! :)  It's Mynn here with my first ever card made for Great Impressions Stamps!  I am so incredibly excited to be a part of the amazing team here and can't wait to show you how to use these fabulous stamps to create cards and projects! :)  Today I have a mostly red, white, and blue creation to share with you.
Here's my card~

Stamps used: G305 Seaside LighthouseA109 For Someone Special

Since it's Independence Day, I went with a patriotic color scheme.  I water colored in the gorgeous lighthouse image to give it a soft and summery feel.  I think this card will be going to Operation Write Home as an AnyHero card. :)  

Ready for some more news?!  I'm excited to announce that every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month, I will be sharing a video tutorial featuring a fun new technique using stamps by Great Impressions!  I'll post the supplies you'll need for each new technique for two weeks before the tutorial goes live.  Since this is my first week here, however, you've only got one week to grab the supplies you need.  Next week's tutorial is called Triple Time Stamping!

Here's what you'll need for that technique~
  • G304Sea Grasses stamp
  • K47Water Iris stamp
  • B233 For Friends stamp
  • 1 piece white/cream cardstock measuring 2” x 3.25”
  • 1 piece white/cream cardstock measuring 3” x 4.25”
  • 1 piece white/cream cardstock measuring  4” x 5.25”
  • 1 piece colored* cardstock measuring 2.25” x 3.5”
  • 1 piece colored* cardstock measuring 3.25” x 4.5”
  • 1 piece colored* cardstock measuring 4.25” x 5.5”
  • Removable adhesive
  • Permanent adhesive
  • Coordinating inks
  • Other embellishments to finish card
 *Use the same color or coordinating shades—I'll be using all purple.

Thanks for stopping by today to take a peek at my creation!  Don't forget to pop back over here on Sunday for our monthly challenge--it's gonna be fun--and don't forget to gather the supplies you'll need for next Thursday's tutorial!  HUGS and happy stamping friends! :)



4 comments :

Jenny said...

Your card reminds me of the beauty on the lake right where I am in Door County, Wi. Plenty of old lighthouses here! Great card Mynnette!

Karon said...

WOW - this card is fabulous. Love the lighthouse, great papers too! TFS

Sparkly Engineer said...

Tickled pink to be working with you. Really like the red, white and blue and I think you captured summer perfectly with your watercoloring

simply monica said...

Love the card Mynette. Love the arrangement. I always look for something different.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...