Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Guest Designer - Lorena Sollows

Hello folks!  Lorena here from Scrapping Corner as a guest designer for Great Impressions and wow am I ever super stoked to be given this opportunity - thank you Jenny! 

First a little about myself, I hail from just outside our Nation's Capital Ottawa Canada.  I am a married mother of two very active toddlers who are the source of my crafty inspiration.  A banker by day and a paper crafter by night and any other spare moment I can squeeze in.  I have been working with Great Impressions stamps for many years, as the scrapbook store that I design for, Auntie Em's Scrapbooking, carries many of the GI stamps and does the Stamp Of The Month. 

Hang In There
For my first card I used the Ride Em' Cowboy (G470) stamp - and paired it with Carta Bella's Giddy Up collection - I simply love how this paper perfectly compliments this stamp.  I used a sentiment from a totally different stamp collection "Hang In There"




 
 Just The Two Of Us

For my second card I loved this walking away image of this couple called Forever (G451) , I can envision them walking through a meadow gazing at all the wild flowers and simply enjoying life.  I tried to keep the colours light in this as I knew I wanted to use Prima's Lyric collection for this.  The sentiment was perfect for this, again from a Stamp Of The Month from previous months.
 




 
Well folks, there you have it, I hope you enjoyed looking at my creations as much as I enjoyed making them - and I sure did enjoy making them.  If you are ever in the neighborhood stop by my blog! 
 

 

 

5 comments :

Jenny said...

I love the way you bring your images to life Lorena! Amazing coloring and the paisley paper really works well witht he cowboy theme!

Sparkly Engineer said...

Lorena, I am loving both of these cards. Being from a family where cowboying is a way of life that first card really touches my heart and the second card is beautiful and totally endearing.

Mynn xx said...

These are both GORGEOUS! LOVE the western theme of the first--your coloring is absolutely stunning! Same with the coloring on the second! Just beautiful work! :)

simply monica said...

Love the cards you create. Awesome coloring.

Erin said...

Both cards are just fabulous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...