Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Friday, October 4, 2013

Haunted Tea Time

Before I get to today's post.  I just want to remind everyone to take a moment to post for some awesome blog candy to celebrate the new look of our blog.

  To enter the contest all you have to do is click on "What's New at the top of this page and choose your favorite image and sentiment.  Then tell us the names of your choices in a comment and they could be yours.  The More comments the more prizes that will be awarded. There are two places for you to comment.


You have until Friday at Noon (Eastern Time)
Winner(s) will be announced Sunday, October 6th.

     Now on to my card for today.  It's another card for one of my all time favorite Holidays.  Yep, Halloween.  Today's card uses a stamp that I purchased before I even became a DT member.  It was so tea-riffic I just had to have it. I am talking about Witches Brew.  


    I really wanted this card to say show that a Halloween card can be traditional and classy at the same time.  I've included spiders, webs, black roses, and skulls but in a feminine creepy chic sort of way.  I love the tuft of black netting in the corner, it's actually part of a bag some fruit or vegetable came in from the market.  You never know what treasures you can find to add as embellishments when you look at everyday items with a card maker's eyes. 

    I really like that my fellow DT member,  Mynn,  did a card in  this post using the same wonderful stamp. She had a totally different take on the image which was very kewl.   I always love to have lots of options for each stamp.

     Don't forget to leave comments for the blog candy and  I'll see you back here next Friday at the same bat time for another awesome Halloween card.

Mary Anne

4 comments :

Jenny said...

Great use of embellies Mary Anne! Your card does have feminine flair and is spookalicious!

Beth F. said...

I love this card! It is fabulous!
Beth
Beth's Beauties

Mynn xx said...

This is SO fun, Mary Anne! I LOVE the great vintage feel--and the amazing texture! :)

Sharla said...

I really like the web frame (K99) and the E808 sentiment, "have a magical day" Lots of fun images!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...