Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Friday, December 28, 2012

2013 Holiday Hugs

Happy Friday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Great Impressions Blog. Hope your Christmas was a wonderful one and now we begin the countdown to the New Year.

I ran out of Christmas cards and needed one to give to my neighbor along with some chocolate candy that I made for Christmas. So I decided to make a card for the New Year.

To start my card I stamped my background with the Great Impressions Stamp - "Fireworks & Stars G303" in black ink and then I wet embossed. I layered that on a opal metallic paper.

My 2013 is cut from a Sizzix alphabet set in the same silk opal metallic card stock. Layered that on black card stock and punched a few stars. My sentiment is "holiday hugs A143".

That's my card for this week. If you have any New Years Eve celebrations- be safe. See you next Friday.

Mary Marsh

3 comments :

Jenny said...

Your card is amazing Mary! Love those fireworks and how you combined Christmas with New Year - so very creative!

Mary K said...

Loving this idea. With just a few change ups you can use it as a graduation card, too!

Angela said...

Mary, what a fun card! I love how you used the Fireworks & Stars stamps - it really makes this card pop!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...