Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Friday, December 7, 2012

~ It's Christmas ~

Happy Friday everyone and thanks for taking the time to visit the Great Impressions Stamp blog. Only 18 days until Christmas. Whoo-hoo  - I can't wait!!

Are you still looking for a card idea? Well I have one for you today. It's using two of our new release stamps. This one could be easily recreated. So here are the details.

The new stamps are the Christmas penguin - D454 and the sentiment "It's Christmas" - D453. Aren't they just the cutest little guys. I colored them with Copic markers and then fussy cut them for their downhill sliding adventure. On the trim of their hats I used polar white flower soft for fur.

On my background I used the Great Impressions Stamp - "falling snowflakes"E772.  The snowflakes are stamped in bashful blue ink onto bashful blue cardstock. My tree and slope are die cuts. On the tree I used some red rhinestones for accent. On the slope, I used flower soft in polar white for some flaky snow.

To complete my card I stamped the sentiment in bashful blue ink. I think it is such a fun Christmas card. All the stamps are in the online store. If you click on the stamp name above it will take you right to the store for easy ordering.

Well that's it for me for today. Time to get to my Christmas trees. I put up 3 of them. See you next Friday........

Mary Marsh

card recipe:
Stamps: christmas penguin (D454), it's christmas (D453), falling snowflakes (E772)
Paper: bashfiul blue, white, wild wasabi (stampin-up)
Ink: memento tuxedo black, bashful blue
Accessories: in the meadow die (pti), copic markers, red rhinestones, polar white flower soft

7 comments :

Jenny said...

This is so darling Mary! Those cute penguins look like they are having a great time...love the scene you created!

Shanna Shands said...

This is so adorable. I plan on using him to make bag toppers or tags for my moms treat bags.

Shanna Shands said...

This is so adorable. I plan on using him to make bag toppers or tags for my moms treat bags.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is the cutest card! I love it!

Mary K said...

Love the snow on your card! But the countdown reminder is making my heart palpatate....I'd rather be making all these cute cards!

Angela said...

Three trees, Mary?! Wow! Those penguins are adorable on your card. Love the fluffy brims!

Sue from Oregon said...

Love these cheerful little holiday Penguins and that flower soft added so much texture! Very festive indeed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...