Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Friday, December 14, 2012

Frosty Friends

Happy Friday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Great Impressions Blog. The countdown to Christmas continues and it's now only 11 days away. Hope all your plans are on target.

I have another Christmas card to show you today. I wanted to experiment with distress markers and an aqua painter water brush. This super cute snowman stamp - "frosty Friends G289 was the perfect stamp to use.

I paired my image up with patterned paper from the Basic Gray "fruitcake collection".
Added a twine bow, a banner flag with my sentiment from the stamp "It's Christmas - D453 and that completed my card.

This would also make a great card for a winter birthday or a Christmas thank you note. All the stamps are available in the online store.

That's all from me for today so until next time...........

Mary Marsh

card recipe:
Stamps: frosty friends (G289) and it's christmas (D453)
Paper: naturals white, water color paper, basic grey paper "fruitcake collection"
Ink: tuxedo memento black
Accessories: tim holtz distress markers barn door, tumbled glass, dusty concord, peeled paint, pumice stone, pine needles, twine, snowflake button, mft scallop die

8 comments :

Jenny said...

I love the water color effect you achieved Mary! Plus your color choices and the twine bow are fabulous!

Unknown said...

Oh I love that image Mary! I have not had the nerve to try the watercolor technique but you did a great job with it!
hugs,
Ellen

Caroline said...

This is gorgeous the image is so beautiful. Caroline xxx

Shanna Shands said...

This is so cute a great colors. Love the twine.

Mary K said...

Your twine bow is the greatest with the snowflake touch!

Sue from Oregon said...

Watercoloring is my fave and this turned out so cute. Love the way you added the twine and snowflake too!

Joan V said...

Oh, how darling. thanks for sharing.

Angela said...

The Distress Markers make watercoloring easy! Love the soft colors. Great card, Mary!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...