Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Special Delivery


Hello my wonderful crafting Friends!

I wanted to take this opportunity today to share my
experience at the Ronald McDonald House.
Thanks to all of you and your generosity, I delivered over 300 cards to
families staying at the house!


The volunteers were so excited when I called to let
them know I was coming.  These caring ladies who donate hours
upon hours a week made me feel warm and welcome when I arrived.


Notice the heart around the initials.


Once I was buzzed into the building, I immediately was taken
with the bright Christmas lights and decorated Christmas village
in the middle of the lobby, which actually looked like someones cozy living room.  You could tell much effort went into making this place feel like a piece of home.  Small children, obviously here for
treatment were running around and smiling.  I didn't want to intrude on their
their privacy but my heart ached for these children and their parents.


Here are two of the sweetest volunteers helping
me sort the cards into several baskets.  Thanks to all
of you I think we had cards for just about every occasion!

After the volunteers profusely thanked me, you, and Great Impression Stamps, I
went on my way with a little wave to Ronald himself.


This world which can be an evil place with senseless killing
of our beautiful children is difficult to come to terms with...however, my heart is renewed knowing there are caring people like you and places like this that take in our sick children
with their families and keep them loved and safe.

Blessings to you all this Holiday Season.
Please keep those families that have lost their
 precious children in your prayers.

Hugs,

Jenny


2 comments :

Joan V said...

Jenny, thanks for sharing this. What a wonderful service.

Patti J said...

Not sure how I missed this post. Thanks, Jenny, for sharing. Thanks, too, for letting me be a part of this. Hugs...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...