Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Good morning! I know we are still a week away from Christmas, but I received some new Valentine's Day Great Impressions stamps this week and I just had to make a card using them. And I used a lot of glitter. And gems. And the combination of pink/purple/aqua, gems, and glitter makes me giddy. :-)

I used three Great Impressions stamps today: Simple Elegance (probably my favorite Great Impressions stamp, well, ever),  Happy Valentine's Day, and Jar of Candy Hearts. The cardstock is Papertrey Ink's Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist, Plum Pudding, and Stamper's Select White. I found a big bin of ribbon that had been hiding behind some buttons, and the striped ribbon was perfect for my card. I don't know where I got it, but I love the soft pastel colors & horizontal stripes.


Aren't the glittered hearts fun? I used heart dies by PTI and covered them in Tombow liquid glue before dumping some Martha Stewart crystal fine glitter on top. I tried using Stickles first, but the paper was too warped to work with, and Stickles take a while to dry. The Tombow glue dries quickly and the glitter really sticks to it. I also used Tombow glue and Martha Stewart glitter on the candy hearts in the jar to add some sparkle. 

Have a wonderful week and thanks for stopping by!  

xoxo,
Erin.

4 comments :

Jenny said...

EEk! Loving this design Erin! The side flourish and little gems add just the right touch!

Patti J said...

I think I need yet another stamp! Love that flourish!!! "Sweet" card, Erin...thanks for sharing!

Joan V said...

So pretty with the pastels, Erin. Oh glitter and bling always make cards so special. Love the delicate flourish, too. Thanks for the inspiration. Now if I can only get finished with my Christmas cards. LOL.

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh Erin, love the pretty pastels and all the extra added random bling-a very pretty touch! ♥ Sue K

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...