Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Breakfast Anyone?


Did you know that breakfast food is all the rage in stamping land right now?  Really??  
I just didn't get it until I saw this little number from Great Impressions.  Found it at my local craft store and just had to have it!  I have the wood version, but you can also get it in the new Stickables.


Such a retro feel to it don't ya think?  
Perfect fit for October Afternoon's Modern Homemaker DSP.
To start, I stamped the toaster on some textured metallic card stock in Memento Black.  I Let the ink set awhile as it will want to smear on metallic papers (learned that the hard way!)  While this was drying,  I stamped the image again on heavy weight ivory card stock with Memento Rich Cocoa, colored the toast and drew grill marks.  Do this before you 
fussy cut out the toasts so you have a larger area to hold on to.
When the ink was set, I fussy cut the toaster.  I used some tiny silver brads for the knobs and glued on the googly eyes.   Again, because of the smear factor, I hand drew the smile on my ivory cardstock, colored it, then cut and glued it on the toaster. 


I choose a couple of red brads to highlight my sweet sentiment.  Then popped up 
both the toaster and sentiment for lotsa yummy dimension.   
You will find I rarely make a flat card (lol!)

Supplies
Click on a thumbnail to shop






Thanks for letting me share a little bit of creativity!
Have a wonderful day stampers!

Hugs,


7 comments :

Deloris said...

What a cute card! Love the google eyes!

Anonymous said...

Impressive! Way to make this card your own! The toaster is super cute and love the addition of the bread in the picture - how clever!

Migdalia said...

Super Cute LIL toaster.LOL
http://craftingwithcretaivem.blogspot.com

Cindi said...

how cute!

Angela said...

Cute card! So...are the bits of toast real? :)

FondyFitness said...

Mmmm...makes me hungry. Love the colors and cuteness!

Shanna Shands said...

This is a really cute card. I love the toaster. I would have never thought to use him!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...