Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Shabby Valentine Collage



Yikes!!  My project today is so far out of my comfort zone (lol!)
But boy, did I have a ton of fun putting this together.
I started with the frame, Great Impressions stamp, 
and one sheet of lovely Prima paper and just kept adding. 



Isn't this a wonderful image? - it's called Romantic Collage from Great Impressions.
I stamped it twice on ivory paper, once in Rich Cocoa and once in Distressed Victorian Velvet.   I fussy cut out the entire image in the Rich Cocoa and cut just the framed portion in the Velvet.   My frame is lightly sponged with Glimmer Mist.  All the papers including my doily were sponged around in Antique Linen. The outside edges of my card are painted white, sanded and then sponged.  Love that look!  Then I just played!  Really, you've just got to move things around...
 and around until it works for you...


Supplies
(vintage button, twine and ric-rac from my stash)


The shabby chic look is one I love...so glad I challenged myself with it!

Think about what You can do to challenge yourself creatively. 
Let me know about it...love to come and take a peek!

Have a wonderfully crafty day!

Hugs,


7 comments :

fondy said...

love the little details like the red dots around the "14" on the calendar. All the pieces work well together. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

So Sweet! Love the layered look!

Kristen said...

Amazing card..love the dimensions!

Deloris said...

Absolutely fabulous! Love the shabby chic look!

Angela said...

Lovely piece, Jenny! I LOVE collage...it's like a grown up version of Hidden Picture (or "Where's Waldo?") I didn't see the doily at first, but it's the little details that make a collage so wonderful.

Hugs,
Angi
xx

April said...

Wow...this is stunning! For being out of your comfort zone you did this like a pro!!! LOVE IT!!!!

Shanna Shands said...

Great job Jenny I love how busy your card is...just enough to really give it that special made just for you feeling.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...