Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Getting Inked!

{Sorry for the delay in posting! Just realized that I didn't hit 'publish'...well...here you go! ~ Angi}

Welcome back! It's already Thursday and it's been a week of adorable projects, wouldn't you say? These last few days have been busy ones for me...looking forward to the weekend and getting a few more cards finished for Valentine's Day. Glad to have the Great Impressions' blog for some crafty inspiration in the meantime!

Have you gotten any of January's Stamp of the Month stamps, yet? If not, what are you waiting for?! I highly recommend them! I am finding all kinds of fun ways to use them...especially the Rose Banner (E744), 'Always Cherish Memories' (E745) and the Rose Intertwined Hearts (G450).


The Rose Banner reminds of those old fashioned valentines with the hearts and swags, so I couldn't resist (pun intended!) getting my heart inked up, dressed up...embossed, crackled and popped up!

This is one of those projects that I finish and then when I revisit later I find that there are a few things I'd like to tweak...like on this card, I could send it as is, but I think I'm going to add a few things to this card...maybe a second ribbon on top of the red one...maybe a few pearls along the top edge...I try to keep my cards simple, but I don't usually succeed (have you noticed I like a lot of technique on my projects?)

Thanks for stopping by today! If you've left us some comment love - thanks! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we're doing...

Have you created something fun with Great Impressions' stamps, too? Do tell...

Inky hugs,
Angi

Stamps: Great Impressions Rose Border (E744), Always Cherish Memories (E745), Rose Intertwined Hearts (G450)
Inks: Versamark Watermark
Tools: heat gun; Martha Stewart Doily Lace Punch; EK Success Heart Punch
Other: Ranger Distress Crackle Paint Rock Candy; American Crafts Zing Embossing Powder Wave, Silver; Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo; Ranger Perfect Pearls Mist Pearl; Wild Orchid Crafts Mulberry Paper Roses

4 comments :

Deloris said...

Lovely card! The SOM stamps are fabulous and my wish list just keeps growing bigger all the time.

Jenny said...

What's not to love on this card?!
The embossed entertwined hearts and that banner...I'm swooning!

Angela said...

Thanks, Girls! Those SOTM stamps are fabulous...can't wait to work with next month's stamps, too!

April said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! You are sooo right about the look of that heart...very vintage. I think it's perfect just the way it is but.....the artist knows best ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...